Water collecting in mask

My nasal mask has been collecting water in use. Does this have anything to do with the temperature I have it on?

Comments

• Jessica_EasyBreatheJessica_EasyBreathe Posts: 42 admin
    edited June 2017

This is a common problem faced by CPAP users who have humidifiers connected to their machines. When there is a large difference in the temperature of the air flowing inside of your tube and the temperature of the air outside of your tube, water droplets can form in the tube and drip into the mask. The moisture collecting in your mask can be reduced with the use of a heated tube or a tube wrap - these things help to reduce the difference in air temperature inside and outside of your tube.

If you already have a heated tube or tube wrap and you're still getting water in your mask, you might need to fine tune some things.

If your bedroom is colder than the air coming from your CPAP, you should try 1) reducing the humidity level on your CPAP and 2) increasing the temperature of the room (turn up the heat).

If your bedroom is very hot and humid, even hotter than the air coming from your CPAP, you should try 1) increasing the humidity level on your CPAP and 2) decreasing the temperature of the room (turn on the AC).

• ksponagleksponagle Posts: 1

Put machine lower than your mask.water has trouble moving up hill

• USnavetUSnavet Posts: 1

It happened to me before. The problem occurred when I set my humidity level to no.5 on my Resmed s9 cpap machine. So I have to lower my setting below 4.5.