Options

How often do filters need to be replaced?

I just found out from my friend that I need to be changing the filters on my CPAP machine. I have had my machine for 15 years and never heard about this! Where are the filters? I can't find a place for that on my machine.

Comments

• Options
    Von_EasyBreatheVon_EasyBreathe Posts: 9 admin

The location of the filters would differ from machine to machine but they are typically on the side or the back of a machine. Do you know the name of your CPAP machine?

The manufacturer recommends filters to be replaced every 2 weeks to a month. In fact, insurance companies allow you to purchase 6 filters every 3 months. It is important to regularly change out your filters as that keeps the inside of your CPAP machine clean and will ensure that the air that the machine generates is also clean.

• Options
    Jessica_EasyBreatheJessica_EasyBreathe Posts: 42 admin

Most CPAP machines use 2 different types of filters - (1) disposable and (2) reusable. The disposable filters are typically made out of thin cloth like material and should be replace every 2 weeks to a month. The reusable filters are usually foam and can be washed - they should be replaced every 6 months. If you need help locating the correct filters and the proper place in your machine to insert them, call Easy Breathe at 866-564-2252. Our customer service representatives have access to several common machine models, including the Airsense 10, DreamStation, System One, and RemStar machines, so they can walk you step by step through the process of replacing your filters.

• Options
    EB_BryanEB_Bryan Posts: 32 mod

Don't just stop at filters. Regularly replacing your CPAP supplies can stop reoccurring illness and prevent your supplies from wearing out or breaking. Below is a recommended breakdown of how often you should replace your supplies as well as the billing code for your insurance.

• Options

they never told me any of this! i just checked the side door and my filters are gray!!!!!!!!!! do i need to get checked?

• Options
    Jessica_EasyBreatheJessica_EasyBreathe Posts: 42 admin

@BarbaraMinnesota What is the name of your CPAP machine? And how long has it been since you replaced your filters?

We can check your insurance coverage for free! To get started, fill out our online contact form or call us at 866-564-2252.