AirFit P10 Headgear replacement

RealUserQuestionsRealUserQuestions Posts: 60 admin

How often should you replace the headgear?

Comments

• Jessica_EasyBreatheJessica_EasyBreathe Posts: 42 admin

It is recommended that you replace CPAP mask headgear once every 6 months. If you notice any rips or tears in the headgear, you should replace it right away. AirFit P10 users have said that the headgear tends to stretch out over time - this can be prevented by washing your headgear regularly with WARM water and soap (the warm water will shrink your headgear down). Also, there are optional headgear clips available if your headgear is still too loose.

• EB_BryanEB_Bryan Posts: 32 mod

The Airfit P10 is one of the most popular nasal pillow masks on the market. However the main complaint is that the headgear stretches out faster than some other masks of a similar design. Similar options with more sturdy headgear are the Swift Fx also by ResMed, and the Brevida mask by Fisher and Paykel. These mask are not as lightweight as the P10 but make up for it with stronger headgear, although you should still replace it every 6 months.

• i made one strap piece last for a year and another one for two weeks, i can't figure these things out!! im going on 5 months now with mine!!