New machine without sleep study?

RealUserQuestionsRealUserQuestions Posts: 60 admin
edited June 2017 in General

I have a 10 year old ResMed that still works very well. I am going to be traveling this summer and a smaller one would much easier. I have not had a sleep study in several years. Didn't see that I needed it. Can you sell one of your new machines with having to do another sleep study?

Comments

• Jessica_EasyBreatheJessica_EasyBreathe Posts: 42 admin

If you would like to purchase a new machine out of pocket without using your insurance, you absolutely do not need a new sleep study; in that case, all we need is a machine prescription.

If you would like to use your insurance however, we will need to check to see if your specific insurance plan requires a sleep study before approving coverage of a new machine.

• LindsayLindsay Posts: 13 admin
    edited June 2017

You definitely don't need another sleep study to buy new machine. You can upgrade your CPAP with just a prescription. If you don't have a prescription there is a CPAP prescription package you should look into. The whole process only takes a couple days.

What's great about the new machines is that they automatically detect what pressure you need and change based on your needs. So you don't need a sleep study to determine the pressure. The auto CPAP will determine the pressure for you.

If you want a great CPAP for home and occasional travel, the AirSense 10 is great! It is by far the most popular and best reviewed. (It is also available with a payment plan. No interest either)

The AirMini is the smallest CPAP ever.

• Good to know! I was considering the AirMini ResMed machine because one of your people told me on the phone that it was a good one. Would the prescription package work for me too?

• Jessica_EasyBreatheJessica_EasyBreathe Posts: 42 admin

@RobCPAPKing said:
    Good to know! I was considering the AirMini ResMed machine because one of your people told me on the phone that it was a good one. Would the prescription package work for me too?

Yes! The Easy Breathe CPAP Prescription Package can be used to purchase the AirMini CPAP machine. The prescription is valid for 8 years.