filters

I have a res med s9. According to everything that i have seen or read on filters, new ones last up to 2 weeks. When i replace old filters with new, they only last for 3-4 days before i start sneezing, runny nose, which last most of the day, symptoms like allergies. I clean my air tube and mask weekly. I wash the old filter, and air tube with dawn, and use the filter for a few times, so it will last for 2 weeks, and the allergy symptoms disappear. I haven't seen anything on any forums about this issue. Looking for some advice, and or input. Thanks

Comments

• Kathleen_EasyBreatheKathleen_EasyBreathe Posts: 14
    edited December 2018

Hi Bill! I would recommend the SoClean CPAP Sanitizer. You mentioned that when you wash your supplies, the allergy symptoms go away -- this is the result of many people who have used the SoClean. It kills 99.9% bacteria and germs on your CPAP mask, water chamber, and hose. You can read more about it by clicking here!

• dairywife5dairywife5 Posts: 2

Hi Bill,

I use the same machine and I was told to use white vinegar. I wash my head set and face piece with a small amount of baby shampoo. Fill the hose and water reservoir with white vinegar and let set 15 min.

Drain and rinse with tap water. It sure seems to work for me.

Sue