Options

Modifying my masks

ModMasterMikeDModMasterMikeD Posts: 19

I have had several masks in my time and frequently alter them so they better fit me or are more comfortable. Anybody else do the same? What modifications did you make? - ModMasterMike.

Comments

• Options

no way jose!! a bud of mine from 'nam kept trying to use his rubber band collection to fix his head straps but never worked!! i'll stick with what the factories maek!

• Options
    JoeJoe Posts: 12

@ModMasterMikeD said:
    I have had several masks in my time and frequently alter them so they better fit me or are more comfortable. Anybody else do the same? What modifications did you make? - ModMasterMike.

I've tried so many masks and none have fit me well. I've never considered altering them. Would you mind sharing how you've done so?

• Options
    Layla_EasyBreatheLayla_EasyBreathe Posts: 5 admin

If your mask is uncomfortable or is not the right fit, you may be using the wrong size mask. One way to make sure you have the right size mask is to measure using the printable sizing templates that are available. You can find the sizing templates for most masks here: CPAP mask sizing guides

If you are using the right size mask but it still isn't comfortable, there are several different products you can use to make your mask more comfortable, like mask liners and nasal pads.

You can view all of the different comfort supplies here: comfort supplies

• Options
    ModMasterMikeDModMasterMikeD Posts: 19
    edited July 2018

@Joe
    Most of the modifications are minor but they made the mask more comfortable... the one that comes to mind in the Amara View.. my nose didn't fit right into that seat so i cut the piece of the cushion that is in the back of the opening where the nose sits... it worked alot better for me and I ended up using it to train myself to keep my moth closed.... now i wear the Bevida which I cut down the nasal protrusions since they were to small... i opened them up a little and the airflow is a lot better..... my cpap tube is actually 4 tubes strung together with industrial tape and swivels so it does not bind and is more flexible...