Options

I'm getting mask leaks every night

RuAtwinImRuAtwinIm Posts: 8
edited August 2017 in Help Me Fix This!

I'm getting multiple masks leaks using my full mask. I used a nasal mask for 1 full year and my events were sporadic. Sleep doc changed to full mask a couple of weeks ago and now I have multiple leaks every night! I'm discouraged. My events are down but still erratic. My events started last year after four sleep tests at 102. Severe apnea says my Sleep doctor. What now? The sleep tech says not to worry about the last few weeks with the mask and leaks. I am NOT getting good sleeps anymore. I'm waking up tired and exhausted. I sleep in my back if that changes anything.

Comments

• Options
    LindsayLindsay Posts: 13 admin

What mask did you get switched to and why? If the nasal was working for you. I'm just curious why the recommended you make the switch. Maybe there is a difference full face mask that might suit you better.

• Options
    rosedaledollyrosedaledolly Posts: 3

It could be a mask Si ize issue regarding leakage. Leakage is always higher for back sleepers as they tend to have their mouth open. Is it actual leakage or just your machine i dicating it. I changed masks recently from a Resmed nasal mask to a F&P Brevia nasal mask. Machine indicated leakage went from 19 to 30 with no discernible leaks.
    I have found events increase with warmer weather. If it's cold 2 - 4 if warm 3 - 9